Saturday, October 25, 2014

Tri-Force Kart! =)

Tri-Force Kart is the first go-kart I made, the one that I made for 2.00Go-Kart in the spring of 2014.  We worked in teams of two, and my awesome partner was David Larson.  He had a lot more technical experience than me and was super awesome and patient with me throughout the process.


For the class, we were given a budget of $500 and a few allotted materials.  We were given three 6-foot pieces of 80/20, a sheet of 1/8" aluminum, a sheet of 1/4" aluminum, and three A123 12V batteries.  Everything else was up to us.

We started by making a CAD of our entire design.  This information was used to waterjet parts for our design, purchase necessary components, and hand-machine the rest.  Once our frame was assembled and our kart was able to roll and and stop using its own physical systems, we created electrical blueprints and wired up our kart.  And it worked!!!  Though, there are some things I would change...  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment